The new cab of this machine is “hexangular,” Komatsu says, with a rear side pillar layout and blade linkage positioning that together provide an “unobstructed view of the moldboard and front tires.”
The cab also features a smaller, “right-sized” steering wheel that provides a bit more visibility and room in the cab.
Komatsu has placed a new steering lever in this machine that allows operators to forego the steering wheel and keep their hands on the low-effort, work equipment levers while making small steering adjustments.
The cab also features multi-position, adjustable arm rests; a new high-capacity, air-suspension seat and an operator presence monitoring system which alerts the operator when they leave the seat with the controls not locked out properly.
The new GD655-7 is powered by a Tier 4 Final Komatsu SAA6D107E-3 engine, providing 218 horsepower. The machine also features a two-mode, three-stage variable horsepower control (VHPC), which allows the operator to select between economy and power modes in order to save fuel when needed.
The GD655-7 also features a new transmission shift lever with a forward-neutral-reverse (FNR) switch. The dual-mode transmission (eight forward, four reverse) is designed specifically for graders and provides on-the-go, full-power shifting as well as inching capacity and automatic shifting in the higher ranges, Komatsu says.
The machine also features an inching pedal and a full locking differential.
Below is a quick rundown of the rest of this machine’s features. You can read the full brochure on the GD655-7 by clicking here.
Other standard features:
- Grade control, TOPCON 3DMC plug-and-play ready, with no aftermarket valve required
- Two, five-section hydraulic control valves are standard enabling the addition of attachments and is strategically located to improve forward visibility
- Closed-center Load Sensing (CLSS) hydraulic system, with variable displacement pump, supplies flow and pressure only when required, resulting in less heat and lower fuel consumption
- Blade lift accumulators absorb shocks when the moldboard hits immovable objects
- Circle slip clutch, for accidental contact with hidden objects with the moldboard
- Greaseless circle wear plates for long life
- Independent blade lift float
- AM/FM radio with auxiliary input jack and two 12-volt ports
- Seven-inch, full color, high resolution monitor with Ecology Guidance
- Separate, full color, rearview monitoring system
- Pioneering KOMTRAX telematics system and monitor, providing machine metrics, including KDPF status and DEF-level data, fuel consumption, plus performance information collected and sorted by operator ID
- Komatsu Auto Idle Shutdown to reduce idle time and save fuel
- Reversible, variable speed hydraulic fan
- Completely sealed and adjustment-free hydraulically actuated, wet, disc brakes
- Ground level access to fuel and DEF
- Easily accessible engine and hydraulic oil, and coolant drains
- Komatsu CARE: 2,000 hours or three years of scheduled factory maintenance, including a 50-point inspection at each service and two complimentary DPF exchanges in the first five years.