Camso says it has overhauled its Multi-Purpose Tire (MPT) lineup with more sizes and new tread patterns with five all-new tires designed primarily for use on compact equipment like telehandlers, compact wheel loaders and mini-dumpers, but also on backhoes, concrete truck mixers and rough-terrain forklifts.
The new MPT tires can handle the rigors of agriculture, road building, residential and commercial construction, scrapyards, landscaping, snow removal and more applications, Camso says. The company says the MPT lineup’s versatility is owed to the wide range of sizes and tread patterns it encompasses.
“To ensure optimal machine performance and lowest operating cost, you need a tire especially designed for the application you’re running. For that, you need to combine three core elements: size, tread pattern and technology,” says David De Waele, Camso’s executive director of product management for construction.
To that end, the MPT lineup offers 48 sizes and 13 different tread patterns in solid, bias and radial. Here are the five new tire models:
- Camso MPT 753: Built with a unique non-directional tread pattern to deliver maximum overall durability and versatility for multi-use applications on mixed and hard surfaces. Benchmarked against former Solideal 4L I3, the MPT 753 shows 29-percent longer tire life, 15-percent better cleanout and forward traction, plus a 15-percent improved sidewall and tread impact resistance.
- Camso MPT 793S: This tire is the first and only flat-free solution purpose-built for multi‑purpose machines to maximize uptime in severe conditions. Its triangular aperture design provides excellent stability and ride quality.
- Camso MPT 553R: Designed for residential construction and paving applications, this radial tire has a non-directional centre-block tread pattern to provide superior road comfort and performance.
- Camso MPT 532R: Built with an R-4 agro-industrial tread pattern and radial construction, the Camso MPT 532R tire is ideal for maximizing soft-surface traction while reducing flats from tread impact.
- Camso MPT 552: Engineered for soft-surface conditions, this tire is the perfect combination of traction and durability. It is designed to deliver the lowest operating cost for general-duty jobs.
Along with the new MPT tires, Camso introduced the new GRD 533R and EMT 553R radial tires. The GRD 533R is designed for motor graders while the EMT 553R is designed for wheel loaders and articulated dump trucks.