2022 Fleet Technology Trends Report
Fleet technology usage holds strong as fleets face new challenges.
GPS fleet tracking technology helps fleets meet customer demands, offset rising costs and protect themselves from accidents and their fallout.
Last year, the 2021 Fleet Technology Trends Report revealed an 8% increase in the adoption of fleet technology between 2019 and 2020. The pandemic may have been the driving factor as fleets faced new challenges, like social distancing, home garaging and remote work. But the 2022 report shows adopting fleet technology wasn’t simply a stop-gap measure.
- 90% of fleets using GPS tracking software found it beneficial
- Among transportation and distribution respondents who use GPS fleet tracking, 44% improved routing and 57% improved customer service
- More respondents cited increasing costs as their biggest challenge this year, at 63%, compared to 44% in the 2021 report
- Meeting customer demands is becoming more challenging, with 49% of fleets listing it as a top challenge, versus 40% in the 2021 report
- In the transportation industry, 78% of respondents said in-cab video was very or extremely beneficial
- In the government industry, 83% of respondents said fleet technology helps protect their organization from false claims